Thursday, October 2, 2014

Dusting Off the 'ol Blog and Catching Up!

How fun to look back at our early days, here on the homestead.  Boy has time flown!  I am going to try to be back on here for a while and catch up a bit.  Here it goes!

I am going to take a jump back in time to the summer of 2012, which is where I left off with my new garden.  I have found some old pictures that show how things turned out!  Oh the memories! Enjoy!

 Here are my wonderful husband, Bryan and my sweet son, Brendan, making the trellis for our tomatoes.  We used PVC Pipe and wire.  Put the pipe together like a Tinker Toy and then add some horizontal supports between the polls as well.  We drilled holes in the PVC and ran wire through it.  As the tomatoes grow, I wind them through the wire.  This design actually works pretty well, though we ended up adding more supports to it.  It does require that you keep those tomatoes trimmed or they take over! 


Here is the finished product!  It worked well.  Yes, I know what you are going to say...I have WAY too many plants in that there planter!  Live and learn! :)











Here is our garlic, that we planted earlier in the year.  Remember, we planted it using store bought garlic heads that we just happened to have in the kitchen.  Guess what?  They aren't heirloom, so they reverted back to one parent or the other and were small with out much flavor.  Everything here on the homestead is a learning experience.  It is all new to me!




No comments:

Post a Comment