Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day 2 – Dreamin’ in Color 12/29/2011

Tonight I researched our growing region and got planting dates in my calendar for seeds.  After I got everything imputed, I realized that it the USDA isn't as reliable as Sunset, for our area. <sigh>  I looked up the Sunset's description of our area and we are in zone 14, however there is no info online about any zone over 10!  Ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I guess I am going with the USDA.  It should be fine.  I think that where we live, we can plant most anything any time and it will grow.  This will only be my second venture into seed growing.  I am excited to get started soon with this spring's seedlings.

I went onto Burpee's website and found all sorts of fun veggies in different colors!  Blue potatoes!  Purple carrots!  It is going to be fun to have different colors on our table this year.  Canning should be fun too!  I am really excited. 



I also showed Bryan pictures of cute little chicks.  I told him that my friend had chicks hatch in her classroom.  What a great thing to teach the kids!  We should do that! :)  He laughed and said “That's a great idea!  Then you would have your little chicks in your garden to lay eggs!  I see what you are doing.” lol  I will wear him down.  I can see the cracks forming.

No comments:

Post a Comment